Politics April 5, 2016
- Hillary will be our next President of the United States. That, is, with a huge caveat: “… if things stay the same as they are today.” That is an enormous “if”, considering all the possible “crises” that could happen, real of imagined. But if the mainstream media keeps “soft-soaping” her, while scouring all the other candidates, she’s a shoe-in for President. The “powers-that-be” certainly like Bernie, but he might be difficult to control completely. With Hillary’s giant walk-in closets full of skeletons, they have an enormous amount of leverage to make her jump through whatever hoops they need her to. Despite her fierce, nasty personality, she can caterwaul all she wants, but she knows she’s their puppet.
- If any serious crisis, real or imagined, occurs, Don Barry will stay President. Don Barry Obama does not want to give up power (despite his whinings about the so-called “stresses” of the job). He loves the power; he loves the adulation; he loves the fawning press coverage; he loves his freedom to do just about anything he wants (like play golf and basketball frequently) with not one word of criticism. Even the occasional squabble with a Republican or two (like the Supreme Court thing) does not damper his desire to over-stay his Constitutional welcome. He knows the lapdog media will be on his side – or else! They’re wearing down those pesky GOP’ers – they will give up sooner rather than later. As Hillary so famously said: “What difference does it make?” He’ll get who he wants into his Court. The most likely scenario is to either use a real crisis (like a terrorist attack on American soil, or the collapse of the economy) or a manufactured crisis (like “Black Lives Matter” causing trouble this “long, hot summer”) to cancel the election “for our own good.” Anybody raises a stink – they’ll be labeled a racist so fast it will make that person’s head spin off at light speed.
- Mr. Obama could choose to retire as “President of the World” as new head of the UN – if, and only if, he feels like that will give him even MORE power. Since UN Chief doesn’t seem to be that powerful a position right now, he might not do it. But – anything’s possible in this corrupt world we live in. We’ll wait and see.
- The Republicans will self destruct. They’re doing such a great job of that they hardly need the push by the mainstream media – but the media will push them anyway. The GOP will shoot themselves in both feet if they create a brokered convention and put forward Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan or Jeb Bush or John McCain – that will destroy the Party faster than anything the Democrats could do. The Democrats might be so sure that the GOP will destroy themselves that they might cancel their planned take-out of Trump, either by imprisonment or assassination. Let him take his delegates and run – as a Third Party candidate. That’ll ensure Hillary’s rise to the White House quicker than anything else.
- So – what do we do?
- PRAY! The Lord hasn’t lost control! He is powerful enough to turn things around. If we have a national revival, there’s no telling what could happen to bless us!
- Speak the truth! Don’t be afraid to “tell it like it is”, as Howard Cosell used to say! Speak the truth in politics; speak the truth in faith – and don’t fear the enemy, Satan, who is behind all this. He’s a defeated foe – he lost big time at the cross of Jesus. Speaking the truth ALWAYS hurts him because his game is deceit and lies.
- Put your faith completely in Jesus, the Savior! He said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. NO MAN comes to the Father, but through Me.” (John 14:6) If you know Him, trust Him – He won’t let you down. If you don’t know Him – Now is the Day of Salvation! Admit that you’re a lost sinner (like we all are, without His grace), turn from your sin (which is only possible with His enabling Spirit) and believe that the death of Jesus – whose name in Hebrew is Yeshua ha Mashiach, meaning “Salvation by the Anointed One who delivers us” – is sufficient to wash away our sins and take us to be forever with Him. Because He lives – He rose from the dead! – we shall live also.