Why the Philadelphia Eagles did NOT win the Super Bowl this year!
1) I don’t know – and it’s not just because they’re a bad football team… that’s why I thought they would WIN!
2) I’M NOT Elohim – as I originally said, I’m not a prophet nor the son of a prophet. HE is the All-Powerful One, not me.
3) Then how could I think that the Eagles could win? I thought it was a sign, when they beat New England, at New England, then beat Buffalo at home… and they STILL had a chance to win their division, make the play-offs, and… well, who knows except the One who really knows?
4) Why did I pick the Phillies to win last season, then the Cubs – and neither did? Well, I wrote about the Phillies before… remember, Yahweh promised Abraham and, by extension, his physical descendents of blessing (those who came through Isaac and Jacob) that He would “bless those who bless you; I will curse them who curse you.” The Phillies, in their infinite folly, chose the days just before a day of celebration for the Jewish people, to fire their Jewish General Manager, Ruben Amaro, Jr. They could have been blessed… they ended up being cursed. The Cubs are out from under their curse by Yahweh – 70 seasons without a World Series (like the 70 years of exile that the Lord put Israel under in Babylon), starting with their savage treatment of Hank Greenberg when he came back from the war in 1945. That curse is over… but that didn’t necessarily mean the Cubs will win… yet. Maybe in 2016.
5) I want to see Elohim perform a miracle! For the Eagles to have won, it would have taken a miracle – that was the point with the Eagles – and the Phillies. I would LOVE to see Yahweh, who controls everything, including sports, do something that could ONLY be explained by His miraculous intervention. It was a miracle that the Eagles beat the Patriots … That’s why David beat Goliath – because it was IMPOSSIBLE without Yahweh’s intervention. Or Gideon and his 300 ran off the Midianites… or Jehoshaphat putting the choir on the front lines… or Joshua, marching the army of Israel around Jericho for six days, going around it seven times the seventh day, making a lot of noise, and “the walls came a-tumblin’ down.” It wasn’t smart strategy on any of their parts… it was the One who they had empowering them. That’s what I was hoping to see.
6) Maybe the Redskins will win – now, THAT will be a miracle!