When all is said and done, what it comes down to, is this:
1) I believe the Jesus rose from the dead – physically, bodily; otherwise, all the enemies of Jesus and His followers would have had to do to squash the church was produce His dead body… but they didn’t. I also believe the Shroud of Turin is authentic, providing physical evidence of the most important event in the history of the world.
2) That validated His claim to be God, as He said, as He was crucified for. The Resurrection was God’s “Amen!” to Jesus’ “It is finished”. So, not only is Jesus God, but His work on the cross (paying for the sins of all mankind) was effective. If we accept His gracious gift of forgiveness, paid for by the blood He spilled on Calvary, we can receive His perfect righteousness.
3) I believe what He believed – that the Scriptures are true. Jesus believed the entire Old Testament – He validated the Scriptures because He was God, and what He believed had to be true. By extension, later, the New Testament was validated.
4) Genesis 1 is true because Jesus believed it to be true. So is every other time – many – God as Creator is repeated in the Old Testament.
5) John starts his gospel (written around 96 AD) by stating that Jesus is also the Creator. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being by Him.”
That’s why I believe in Creation.